Saturday, October 25, 2008

Talk about a taxing life...good or bad, who knows.

The last 2 days have been...I don't know how to say it, they have been interesting but vexing. On Thursday it was pretty cool. I had clubs and in the research club, me and Naman have come up with a pretty good idea of what we might be doing. It seems complex, but once we talk to Mr.Geren about it, it will definitely seem way more "organized." (Sorry, I don't know what words to use, the wrong ones sometimes give the wrong impression.) So yeah, in MUN we have picked our country, Pakistan. Yeah, I know I'm Indian and all that, but it wasn't my choice but "our" choice. It holds many issues we can address. A few of the main ones will be about the UNDHR, United Nations Declaration of Human Rights. Hopefully everything goes well and our say will change something. :)
I also got my causes of the Great Depression essay back. Guess what? Amazingly I got a 3. For those who are laughing at me cuz I got a 3, we have a proficiency grading system. 1 is the lowest, 2, is developing and 3 is the highest score meaning you meet it or exceed it. It was really cool! I got a 3! I expected to get a 2, obviously Im not that good at essay writing and about the Great Depression just makes it worse. By the way, Im not boosting, I am just very much surprised that I know so much about the Great Depression, when like a few weeks ago this essay would have rewarded me a 1.
Anyway, after school I had my Tae Kwon Do black belt pre-test. And all I can say was that it was TIRING! Literally. Im starting to wonder if the black belt test could possibly be something that will slowly suck your energy away, gradually weakening you until you get to sparr and you are down for. Then our Masters go " Haha! I tricked you!" Who knows....its close to halloween. Creepy! Anyway, I passed, thank you. But in my opinion I did horrible! I kinda forgot my take downs, so when Nathan held my hand asking me to take him down, well, I didn't do it right. I just got a pass. :P So yeah, it was intense. Waiting for your masters to give you your review sheet and knowing you did bad and whhether you will pass or not. I know nobody passed with an "Excellent" And as far as know I have gotten "Excellent" since yellow belt testing. Oh well, nothing to complain about.
There wasn't anything much on Friday. Except I had my skit/drama/dancing/acting practice, w/e you want to call it. An automatic question would be " What skit or drama?" Well, Im sorry but its for an Indian festival and you guys just wont get it. Either Im not explaining right, or Im way over my head, sorry random thoughts. So yeah it started at like 7 and went till 10:30 or so.
Today morning, from 9 to like 1 I had the Beaverton Youth Summit to attend. It was pretty cool. Mr.McCreery was one of the speakers. It was cool and felt like, for some reason, a humanities class. =) First session was devoted to crime control and student rights w/e. The next session was about affirmition (sp?) action. It was...meh, didn't hold much interest for me. The third session I enjoyed most. It was basically about Obama and McCain. But remember I don't like politics, so how can I be saying I enjoyed it most? My friends, its a simple answer. You enjoy something more when you already know things about it. Do you think I know about affirmition (sp?) action? No. Police control and all that? No. What about Obama and McCain? *grin* Yes....I do. And Im glad I studied and learned about them in Mr.McCreery's class. lol. And the affirmition action thing, we were talking about and I was surprised to see that every members of a particular school formed their own groups. We didn't mix much....like take myself, I was with Rian and then Frances, Kat, Teja, Kara, Kyle, Megan, Suzanne joined us. There were only 11 students from Health and Science, the other 2 being 2 froshies, Tanvi and Sukanya who seemed to have strangely gone somewhere else. So yeah, we formed our own group and then beside us I noticed a Westview and Jesuit groups. And in the center of the room, Beaverton, Aloha and all. It was wierd cuz we talked about race and how if that had to something about whether you get a job somewhere or not. And whether your gender mattered at all. And here we were forming our own groups again. And if you, unlike me, don't see the connection, forget it Im confused.
So after that I had my skit/drama/dancing/acting practice again. From 2 to 5 or something. The full practice. It was good, though I kind of wished I had a more significant role. It would have been good, but oh well. Im happy with what I have got. I came home and watched "Engineering Thrills" for a while, before going to bed and waking up at 6:45. =) Im tired now.
And as a final note, a small sing-along most probably no one would enjoy. But mostly likely make Mr.McCreery proud:
C.A.R.P.E, C.A.R.P.E,
C.A.R.P.E , C.A.R.P.E , C.A.R.P.E
C.A.R.P.E , C.A.R.P.E ,
C.A.R.P.E , C.A.R.P.E , YEAH!

2 comments:

wilben said...

Hi, I have nominated you for the Marie-Antoinette A Real Person, A Real Award. Follow details on my blog, if not on front page check older posts and carry on with your great blog.

Vanzthehopefulphilospher said...

Thanks. I will check it out...if its still going on...sorry.